As of March 21, 2018, taxes are charged on Canadian purchases.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Provincial Sales Tax (PST)
- Not all provinces or products have PST taxes.
- Orders with GST and PST tax will show tax on the GST/HST and PST lines.
- Harmonized Sales Tax (HST)
- HST is GST and PST combined into one tax.
- Those charged HST will not be charged GST or PST.
- Orders with HST will show tax on the GST/HST line but not on the PST line.
These taxes are calculated on the retail price of the product at the time of purchase. Plexus will then remit these taxes to Revenue Canada. The percentages they will be charged can be found here: http://www.calculconversion.com/sales-tax-calculator-hst-gst.html
Please see P&P Section 6, Sub-Section G. GST, PST HST for further information.
If a Canadian Ambassador or Customer has questions about the tax they are being charged on their order(s), they need to contact a tax accountant in their area. Please see Article No. 4004 - Sales Tax Inquiries for further information.
Plexus does not provide T4 slips to Canadian Ambassadors.
Please see Plexus Policies and Procedures - Section 16: Income Taxes for further information.
Each Ambassador is responsible for reporting and paying provincial, territorial, and federal
income taxes on all income generated as an Ambassador including sales income, bonuses and commissions.
Article No. 0949