Introduction: Plexus Data Security Commitment
Our Commitment to Your Security:
Plexus implements state of the art security monitoring tools and employee processes to protect all Brand Ambassador and customer information. These measures provide protection that meets industry best practices suggested by the Center for Internet Security (CIS).
Our Recommendation to Protect Your Information:
Of course, given the nature of the internet, even the most stringent security measures are not foolproof, and we also recommend you take common sense measures to keep your information secure.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) gives residents of the State of California the right to prevent businesses from selling their Personal Information. Plexus complies fully with the CCPA and also:
- Extends this privacy right to all Plexus consumers and Brand Ambassadors,
- Takes your privacy concerns very seriously,
- Does not sell your data or Personal Information and does not have any future plans to do so.
Strict Security Safeguards for Social Security Numbers
Call center personnel are not able to view full Social Security numbers; they can only view the last four digits. Our security safeguards also include:
- Employing computer logic that automatically hides all but the last four digits, ensuring that the full number isn’t visible,
- Allowing only select employees under close supervision to view full Social Security numbers for specific account maintenance tasks, and
- Making sure all Plexus employees and partners have been vetted and properly authorized for viewing or interacting with sensitive data as required by their duties.