Plexus® began its Nourish One initiative in 2018, partnering with Feeding America® and Mary’s Meals to help provide meals to individuals experiencing food insecurity.
Plexus is not donating in the form of Plexus products; all donations are monetary.
How Nourish One Donations Work
Nourish One donates for every Lean product sold:
A Plexus Brand Ambassador, VIP Customer or Retail Customer purchases a Lean (Protein+ in Canada) family product (no other product lines are currently part of the initiative). Eligible products include:
Lean (Protein+ in Canada) 15-serving bags, and
Any Lean (Protein+ in Canada) bag or trial pack that is part of a Combo or Welcome Pack.
There is no cap on contributions.
Amount of the Donations
Every serving of Plexus Lean:
- Sold in the US contributes a donation equivalent to one meal to Feeding America, providing at least 1.5 million meals annually; which means $1 helps provide at least 10 meals secured by Feeding America on behalf of local partner food banks, and
- Sold in Canada and Australia contributes a donation equivalent to one meal to Mary's Meals, a global charity that feeds 2.4 million school children a day.; which means $1 USD helps provide least 9 meals to children in impoverished countries around the world.
One 15-Serving bag of Lean (Protein+ in Canada) contributes 10 meals.
History of the Initiative
The Nourish One initiative:
- First launched on Friday, June 8th, 2018, at the Plexus national convention,
- Is a partner with Feeding America, and
- Announced Mary’s Meals as its international partner at Super Saturday on January 19th, 2019.